National Physical Therapy Month
- October is National Physical Therapy Month — a time to celebrate the profession and all the ways physical therapists, physical therapist assistants help improve lives in our community.
- Lawrence County Memorial Hospital says they are thankful to have such an amazing, compassionate and dedicated Physical Therapy Team,
- At LCMH, physical therapy is designed to increase strength, mobility and endurance.
- It is most often used following orthopedic surgery, for neurological conditions such as stroke, brain injury and multiple sclerosis.
- Therapy can take place in the hospital or as an outpatient.
- Evidence-based treatments may include ultrasound, electrical stimulation, cold packs and moist heat. These different kinds of treatment are used for managing pain, muscle re-education and increasing circulation to improve healing after surgery or injury.
- They also help decrease the need for pain medication.
- For more information on physical therapy services offered at Lawrence County Memorial Hospital, click here!