Primary Care Hours Extended, Services Added
- We are starting that time of year where illnesses like the flu rise. That is why Lawrence County Memorial Hospital’s Primary Care Clinic has added services and announced extended hours for one of its providers.
- Gene Allen, Manager at the clinic, said testing for Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV), the flu and strep throat is now available. And results will be available almost immediately for patients.
- “The important thing is that we can do these tests in the clinic, and we’ll have the results before they leave,” said Allen. “If a test is positive, we can send a script with them and get them started on their medications in a quicker time frame. It’s kind of a one-stop shop.”
- The hospital hopes this change will especially benefit parents with children in school. “Those are the three most common illnesses for school-aged kids,” Allen continued. “We believe making this available will provide more access to care for our community and our patients.”
- The primary care clinic can be reached by calling 943-7214 or click here for more information on the clinic.