Juvenile Arthritis Awareness Month
- It is a common misconception that only “old” people are afflicted with arthritis. Nearly 300,000 children in America have been diagnosed with juvenile arthritis.
- July is Juvenile Arthritis Awareness Month
- The form of arthritis that children experience is not the same as aches and pains. These children suffer from various autoimmune forms of arthritis. Their bodies’ immune system is attacking their joints, causing swelling, stiffness and permanent damage. This condition is extremely serious; if left untreated it can result in loss of mobility, blindness and even death.
- The Arthritis National Research Foundation funds arthritis research to find a cure for arthritis, and this includes trying to find a cure for the hundreds of thousands of children suffering each year with this debilitating disease.
- To learn more and to give your support, click here.